Proven Document Review Powered by Analytics
A successful document review solution will inevitably balance factors such as usability, security, speed, precision, cost, and (in many cases critically) the confidence it instills in its primary users. When evaluating alternatives in a watchful market, key stakeholders demand a solution proven over time, and end users demand more – to help them work faster and more effectively in the day-to-day review and administration of eDiscovery data. Litigation professionals and project teams want fewer clicks, a fast, user-friendly interface, more automation of standard workflows, and more customization for individual needs – features that not only match, but surpass established norms. The “wow” factor, a very hard to come by endorsement, is a true testimonial of a product’s ability to satisfy current needs.
eZReview delivers on all accounts. As the foundation for nearly 15 years of excellence in eDiscovery services, eZReview has enabled the eDiscovery work of over ten thousand reviewers, administrators, and attorneys, both domestically and internationally. Honed over time and in direct response to client feedback, it was developed to deliver reliability, scalability, and best-in-class features to satisfy the current needs of the eDiscovery market. Powered by eZAnalytics, critical content analytics and predictive coding are embedded into the eZReview feature set – creating vast efficiencies and a more effective review process. eZReview, now available for license to law firms, service providers, corporations, and government, facilitates all facets of document review through a wickedly fast, truly intuitive, and state-of-the-art interface and robust features that speed the administration and effectiveness of document review.
Streamlined, intuitive interface
With amazing speed, the eZReview interface facilitates work flow in a truly intuitive way – enabling users to navigate quickly and minimizing the number of clicks needed to get work done. Because the vast majority of activities (and time) of reviewers and review-level administrators are on the review page, this “workspace” page provides core functionality with, like the hub of a wagon wheel, easy navigation to other areas. Primary screen space is devoted to the three most used areas of review:
- a customizable, filterable, searchable, and sortable metadata grid (including th ability to save grid templates) with enhanced icons to graphically show document types, parent child relations, and review status
- a highly visible document viewer with options for near-native, text, and image versions and one-click buttons to also view:
- production version
- translated version (for foreign language documents)
- related documents visualization (similar to the evidence boards used by criminal investigators) to graphically view and then filter for duplicates, near-duplicates, email threads, parent/child, etc.
- A work product panel for tags and customizable privilege coding/comments. To save clicks:
- tagging does not have to be “saved”, thus allowing reviewers to quickly work in a stream-of-consciousness fashion
- user-defined keyboard shortcuts can be customized by the reviewer
- group tagging applies several, pre-defined tags with a single click
Right-click functionality is available throughout the workspace page providing fast execution of high-use features – mass operations, bulk tagging/comments, searchable document history, analytics information (click here for more information on analytics), and more. Icons along the left provide efficient navigation to other landing pages where more detailed work can be conducted such as:
- Administration of the review/batches/workflows (including automatic batch creation, check-out, and check-in)
- Analytics and Predictive Coding (click here to learn more about analytics)
- Advanced Searching (allowing users to quickly and interactively hone searches, revising criteria without the need to save)
Some of the more advanced features in eZReview include:
- robust tagging business rules and the ability to copy tags to related documents
- completion criteria that must be satisfied before a reviewer can check-in a batch or step off a document, thereby automating what otherwise would be multiple manual QC processes (for example, an error message if mutually exclusive tags are applied or if comments have not been provided for documents tagged as privileged)
- persistent highlighting – specific words, key phrases or witnesses, or Personally Identifiable Information (PII) such as SSN, email addresses, phone numbers, etc.
- synching of tags/metadata:
- capturing tag information as metadata
- synching tags from first review to second review, streamlining the second review by reducing the need to recode every document – instead simply confirming or revising the first review decisions
Robust, Customizable Reporting
- missing family members
- documents that were already produced
- document coding (to avoid producing privileged documents, for example)
- whether multiple layers of redactions have been applied
- whether to use a defensible statistical sample (with customized confidence level and error rate) or specified number of documents or percentage
- weighing the sample set by custodian, data types, tags/coding, or particular reviewers (for QC on specific reviewers)
Conflicting Coding Decisions – with side-by-side comparisons facilitating speedy evaluation and resolution of the conflict
eZReview provides a streamlined, user-friendly, and advanced feature-rich experience, capable of scaling to handle any litigation/investigation, and satisfying the current and ongoing needs of eDiscovery professionals for document review. Now in use in the United States and seven (7) international offices, including London, Paris, and Japan, eZReview (the document review module of Capital Novus’ eZSuite) is a time-proven solution and the most advanced and powerful document review product on the market today.